Start learning ultrasound now and join the community
Md. Juan M. Verde
Research associate, IHU Strasbourg
The diSplay U/S platform represents an important milestone of an upskilling strategy, seeking to expand the current ultrasound workforce, in the lungs and beyond them.
This simulator made me understand how the use of innovative technologies is important for our future practice of medicine. It is a great opportunity to familiarize as early as possible to diagnosis technologies. Simple and didactic, I was easily immersed in the clinical cases proposed by diSplay U/S.
Create your student or teacher profile, start your ultrasound trainings and share your results
Choose your patient-case and access its medical file
Scan the thorax and back of your patient with a linear or convex probe to detect lesions and abnormalities
4. Learn protocols
Learn & practice point-of-care ultrasound exam : detect the 14 stations, analyze your virtual patient and build a complete diagnosis
Test your knowledge, control your results and track your performance
Practice the ultrasound gesture with the diSplay U/S probe app !
With the diSplay U/S probe app, turn your smartphone into an ultrasound transducer.
While connected to diSplay U/S on your computer or tablet, reproduce and visualize the inclinations of the probe in real time by manipulating your phone.
Learn how to diagnose COVID-19 for free
The origins of diSplay U/S
This module has been developed to help train medical professionals and medical students to diagnose and monitor COVID-19 through lung ultrasound
Real patient data are used to allow a remote training the most accurate possible
Explore freely the thorax and back of three different patient cases, suffering from COVID 19 in different severity level and analyze the irregularities on the sonograph
According to recent evidences based on experience in Italy and China, lung ultrasound represents a useful diagnosis tool in the identification and monitoring of respiratory symptoms in COVID-19, especially in emergency context.
Compared to other methods used to detect and monitor COVID-19 (stethoscope, lung radiography, CT-scan), ultrasound presents several crucial advantages. It is a sensitive and quick exam, easily repeatable and therefore allow an efficient monitoring of the patient over time. It is also radiation-free, lower cost, and doesn’t require a complicated logistics (no transfer of patients to CT-Scan, easy to clean).
- Buonsenso, D., Pata, D., & Chiaretti, A. (2020). COVID-19 outbreak: less stethoscope, more ultrasound. The Lancet Respiratory Medicine https://doi.org/10.1016/s2213-2600(20)30120-x
- Peng, Q.-Y., Wang, X.-T., & Zhang, L.-N. (2020). Findings of lung ultrasonography of novel corona virus pneumonia during the 2019–2020 epidemic. Intensive Care Medicine https://doi.org/10.1007/s00134-020-05996-6
- Poggiali, E., Dacrema, A., Bastoni, D., Tinelli, V., Demichele, E., Mateo Ramos, P., … Magnacavallo, A. (2020). Can Lung US Help Critical Care Clinicians in the Early Diagnosis of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pneumonia? Radiology200847. https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2020200847
- Soldati, G., Smargiassi, A., Inchingolo, R., Buonsenso, D., Perrone, T., Briganti D. F., … Demi, L. (2020a). Is There a Role for Lung Ultrasound During the COVID-19 Pandemic? Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine https://doi.org/10.1002/jum.15284
- Soldati, G., Smargiassi, A., Inchingolo, R., Buonsenso, D., Perrone, T., Briganti, D. F., … Demi, L. (2020b). Proposal for International Standardization of the Use of Lung Ultrasound for Patients With COVID-19.Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine https://doi.org/10.1002/jum.15285
An awarded project